Maple is a useful user-friendly outliner with built-in word processor that enables you to create your own hierarchical trees for storing information such as documents, notes, links, contacts, passwords, or photos.
The dual-window interface, with quick-action hot buttons and drag-and-drop support, facilitates the building of your tree. Selecting Add Node from the Tree menu creates a new "branch" for your growing tree, which you can name or later rename. You can create unlimited nodes and sub-nodes and assign any document or image to each node. Clicking on the Delete Children button will delete all child nodes of a selected node. Choosing Collapse All or Expand All will expand or collapse your tree.
Maple imports and exports OPML, standard text files, Rich Text Format, Word doc and docx, Windows Write, Adobe PDF, and HTML files used by Microsoft Word and other word-processors.
Other options include complete control over text and tree appearance. Use any font installed on your system, control the font size and attributes. Onscreen you can quickly increase or decrease text size, add super- or subscript text, and change the text alignment (flush left, centered, or flush right). You can also quickly create numbered or bulleted lists, headers, footers and tables. Maple lets you create custom styles for your text – define a font, face, attributes, color, alignment, etc. – that lets you easily apply a style to specific text. Great for headers, captions, or entire paragraphs of text you need to distinctively separate.
Maple also has a built-in spell checker, and let you embed or link to images or files. Other features include changing the case of text to all upper or lower, and character map, font preview in the font selection window so you get a quick peek at what a font looks like, and print preview.
A useful Preferences screen lets you minimize Maple to the system tray, activate an Autosave feature, and enable Delete Node confirmation so that you don't remove nodes by mistake.
• Word processor – full rich text editing of documents.
• Tree editing – create any tree structure you want.
• Drag and drop – rearrange the tree by dragging nodes to another location.
• Styles – support for rich text styles.
• Support for unicode – documents can contain unicode text, such as a mix of English, German, Chinese, Korean, etc.
• Hyperlinks – links to nodes, documents, folders and programs, websites, emails, Skype..
• Node icons – mark each node with its own icon. 100+ built-in icons!
• Images – insert, display, print, export, and print pictures and photos.
• Export and import – an extremely wide range of import and export capabilities (doc, docx, html, pdf, etc.)
• Portability – run directly from any external disk.
• Unlimited database size – store thousands of images and hundreds Mb of data.